Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Research

We've been recuperating from a lovely virus for a couple days, so that means I've been engaged more in the "research" side of design (aka pinterest and blogs). I love finding new blogs that inspire me and I have added a couple to my list over there. ------>

I've been thinking about color palettes since my little pillow mishap. Thanks to one of those inspiring blogs, I found myself on this site, trying to find something that I could incorporate through the whole house. I knew I'd be drawn to the sea and food colors, so those are the categories I searched the most.

cultured tones

coffee tones

dessert tints

surf tints

urchin tones

I think my favorite is the ice cream one. My general idea is to use the lighter colors on the walls and the darker colors as accents. I couldn't find one with mostly grays and pops of pastel yellows and blues. So maybe I'll have to make my own.

But that sounds like work right now.

In any case, this is a fun website filled with lots of awesome color palettes. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment