Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ahhh, fresh

My sister is my dealer.

It all started with a little Christmas gift, and now I'm hooked.

Every so often, I find myself running low on my addiction, and I let her know that I need more, and next time she sees me, she hands me this:



Doesn't it look scandalous?

I've had this in my car before and been kind of paranoid about getting pulled over.

Although, one whiff, and any officer would know that they have no reason to arrest me.

This is mostly baking soda, but my fabulous sister (who has been a whiz with essential oils for years now--ya know, before they were trendy) mixes up a brew for me. The blend is always different because we never write down the recipe. But I like that it's different. Usually, there's lavender in there, because that's one of my favorites. Sometimes there's some citrusy scents or woodsy scents. It's always a surprise.

I use this stuff mostly on my rugs. I spread it around, leave it for awhile, then vacuum it up. Leaves them smelling fresh and clean.

This time, I went with a different approach.



Since I was washing my sheets anyway, I spread some on my naked mattress and let it sit for a few hours.



My room smelled amazing. At least for a couple days. It made getting into the freshly bleached sheets even more compelling that night.



And, it's inspired me to make my bed. For two days in a row.



That's something.

Baking soda's great on its own for freshening up carpets and upholstery, but add a couple drops of essential oils and it takes it to a whole. 'nother. level.

P.S. A couple sprinkles of this under the seats in your stinky old van...good stuff. Especially when it's hot outside.


3 comments:

  1. love your room colors!

    and i thought the first pic was a tortilla chip... but i AM pregnant. ha.

    never added essential oils to the bs before! will have to try that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your room looks serene and I LOVE IT. I will totally have to try that, I love fresh smells. (who doesn't? I can't imagine anyone likes the alternative but you know)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just let me know when you need s'more.

    ReplyDelete