Saturday, January 11, 2014

Dusty Dusterson

The chaos has begun.


My husband's in this photo somewhere. We spent the morning covering furniture, taping up tarps and moving things around. He was able to work on the giant patching/sanding job (which our children have named Sponge Bob). It's MUCH smoother than it was when I photographed it here:


It's still not perfectly flat, but we've deemed it "good enough for government work". It will get a coat of primer and the flatest flat paint I can find.

So, nothing beautiful has happened yet, but things are in motion now. I picked up a paint sample today and slapped some up in various places. It's a color I've been leaning toward that I really want to be certain I like. Because it will be going everywhere. And it's honestly a little out of my comfort zone. When the living room was naked today, I looked fondly on my "Roman Column" walls and was tempted to stay with the putty gray. I really do like it. BUT, this is an opportunity to try something different. And after seeing the samples here and there, I think I'm convinced.

I think.

2 comments:

  1. just think of all the accent colors you can do!! AND when you get sick of those, it will be so easy to change accent colors without having to paint the walls! :) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go Glen Coco. It's only the middle of January and you all are taking care of business. And I can't wait to see the paint color!!! I bet it will be gorgeous. (but for the record I also like your current color)

    ReplyDelete