Saturday, December 7, 2013

Christmas 2013 (so far)

I've been decking the halls. I still feel like there's more to do. I just want to drench my house in Christmas awesomeness. But I'm also a slow moving vehicle. I've been decorating for about three weeks now.

So here's a sampling of the Christmas atmosphere around here. The general theme this year is gold, but I've also included some mercury glass and silver. These photos are all in a jumble, but since I'm a blogger who makes nary a dime on her blog, I don't feel the pressure to organize them coherently.

Got these cardboard letters at Hobby Lobby and spray painted them gold. 

I think the owl is from Marshall's a few years ago. The sparkly cones (which Seth thinks are weird) are from Meijer.




Snow! Hopefully, it will be a white Christmas.



I made the garland from scrapbook paper I had on hand.






I think the tree needs garland of some sort. But it's too late now. Next year.

The tree skirt is one of my favorite parts. It's two faux sheep skins from Ikea. The kids love that it looks like fluffy snow.






I made the chalkboard from a scrap piece of shelving I had laying around. I have to redo it. I should have sanded and primed first and the chalkboard paint scratched off in a few places. (Spoiler alert: I probably won't redo it.)






I have more to show you, like the kids' trees and how everything looks at night. In fact, the week of the 16th is going to be "Christmas week". I have lots of projects and crafts planned for the kids. I'll try and remember to share some of them with you guys. 

2 comments: