Monday, March 11, 2013

Shabby Chic with a current emphasis on "shabby"

When it comes to projects in this house, I have decor ADD. Working on three separate rooms simultaneously does not stop me from starting a fourth.

And that's why parts of my house currently look like an episode of "Hoarders".

Homegirl's room is in the works. It's quite a job. Since that room was recently the homeschool room, there is a TON of papers and school supplies to go through and whittle down to bare bones. Then I have to find some way to organize and store it all upstairs. That's taking awhile, and I'm in that horrid middle part of the project where everything's a mess and I want to throw in the towel.

I'm also getting paint up on the walls, which is a step in the right direction. After all that horrid attic painting, you'd think nice flat walls would feel like a breeze, but I'm dragging my feet. Painting sucks, but it's a cheap, fast way to make everything wonderful.

Seth's going to be home a couple days this week, so hopefully, much will get done in there and I'll have before and afters for you soon. I'm going for a soft, feminine, shabby chic look. I'll leave you with some of my "pinspiration" for this room:




PS: Don't know why my source links got cropped like that, but they still work. Technology is weird. 








No comments:

Post a Comment