Saturday, October 20, 2012

I did something!

As I write this, it is the night of my son's eighth birthday, and we just finished up a party with six little boys and now we are settling in for a sleepover, so my brain is about to shut down.

I'm tired.

The kids were fabulous. Not too loud, not whiny, not gross. They just played and ate and laughed and made a few boy noises now and then. Kids getting older is a good thing. It's an awesome thing.

But my feet are also getting older, and they're aching.

Anyway, I decided...or rather Pinterest told me...to make some easy artwork to hang in our living room. I am NOT the artistic sort, unfortunately. I wish I could draw and sketch and paint and craft, but my skills in those areas are extremely limited.

But Pinterest makes things look easy, and I end up doing things I wouldn't normally try. I saw this and thought to myself, I might could maybe possibly be able to do that.

I had all the supplies for it already--a couple of canvasses, paint brushes, and some acrylic paint, so I decided I had nothing to lose.

I used colors I already had in my accessories, but emphasized the blues.




And when they were (mostly) dry, I slapped 'em up on the wall over the piano...the wall that desperately needed covered because of all the nail holes. They aren't as beauteous as the original pin's were, but I'm happy with them.



I also got a couple new lamps recently since the big one in here bit the dust. Love them. You can see Thing Two goofing off in the reflection. Also moved over my coral and hung some photos.




So, for reference, here's what it used to look like over here before we moved the piano back in:




It actually hasn't looked like this in ages since we moved the dresser to the tv area. This wall has sorta been in limbo for awhile.

And now:


There ya have it. I still need to add Homegirl's handprint to the picture with the other two, but other than that, I'm very happy with the way this turned out. 

3 comments: