Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Summer Job

Summer's coming, ya'll.

This is our last week of school. Granted, we do some school all year round, but the summer load is lighter, shorter, and there are more breaks to be had. And "breaks" mean "working on the house". It's going to be interesting to see if we can do it all. Seth starts paramedic school in a few weeks, so it will mean no more 24 on/48 off hours for about a year. Instead, he'll be doing ten hour days Monday-Thursday. So, we'll still have three day weekends (for the most part), so hopefully we don't waste those.

I have made an epic list of hopeful things to get done before August.



I'm going to print this sucker out, attach it to the fridge, and hopefully start crossing things out soon. I'm really excited to tackle some of these. I used to dread projects, but now I'm starting to feel more confident about them. Seth's work in the basement has really shown me that we can do things ourselves, especially when we have a little time and money. And since we can't take a vacation this year because of paramedic school, we have a little extra cash to do some things. I'm pumped.

Let's do this!

1 comment: