Saturday, January 26, 2013

This is the project that never ends.



I'm going to be painting my attic till I die.

I usually don't mind painting, but this is one project that just seems to be going on forever. It's complicated because it's not just nice flat walls I'm slapping paint on. It's boards and grooves and angles and it's really, really dark wood.

Maybe I see a light at the end of the tunnel, but mostly I have that oh-good-grief-I-am-so-over-this-crap stage.

But it needs to get done, the sooner the better, so we can move our homeschool station up there.

Looking at these photos though, I'm encouraged. It's come a long way and we're in the home stretch.

Not very long ago, it was full of crap. Then lots of purging happened.

The difference is crazy. Everything feels bigger and brighter.



Here you can clearly see the difference. L-R: Paint, primer, and original wall



As far as inspiration for this little space goes, I'm going to have to be creative. We're going from a bedroom sized school room with lots of wall space and storage to a nook sized school room with mostly angled walls. My goal is to make it snug, but not cluttered feeling. Here's some things I've pinned on the subject:
workspace
Source: Pinterest

Bright Desk Area
Gonna try and find some narrow tables for the boys to work on since their desks would swallow up too much space.
Source: Woman's Day
organized desk area
I'll need streamlined filing and organization systems like this.
Source: Better Homes & Gardens

Style Selections Sydney 23-1/4-in W White Pendant Light with White Shade, Lowe's
I think this is the light that we'll hang over the stairs. It's cheap, but I chose it because it has the longest cord I could find. The plan is to hardwire it where that ugly little round light is and then dangle it over the stairs. This one's from Lowe's. There were also a few on Home Depot I really liked.


I've been working on the laundry room too. Hopefully I'll have an update on that soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment