Friday, May 25, 2012

A brave new day of blogging for Sethswife

Setting sail on a new blogging adventure, my friends.

Okay, that sounded really epic. That might have been a little misleading. It's really not going to be that fascinating.

Seth and I often refer to our home of nine years as our practice house. When we bought it, there was a five year plan to be out of it. Well, we're still in it. And we probably will be for awhile, thanks to plummeting property values in our area. 

Sometimes, I struggle with wanting to move. Usually every spring when I get irritated with smoking, rowdy neighbors and a teeny tiny lawn. This house is small for our family of five, and the closet situation leaves much to be desired. It's old, outdated and can be hard to clean and maintain.

But, it's home. It's the place we've hung our hats for most of our marriage. It's the only house our kids have lived in. 

It's sorta like an old ratty tee shirt that you can't help but be comfortable in.

We are not awesome at designing, building and renovating. But we're learning. Sloooooowly.

I like to read a lot of interior design blogs (as you will soon see in my "Inspiration" list off to the side). I drool over these houses and think "how can I make it look like that in here?"

Well, the truth is, I probably can't. I have to work with the house and the (nonexistent) budget I'm given. So this blog won't be one that wows you with perfect design. But hopefully it will encourage me when I'm in one of those discontent moods that this house is changing and becoming more beautiful and comfortable. And maybe it will inspire me to work harder at it.

And maybe it will get me to clean up more. 

We'll see.

P.S. Lots of photos to come.

2 comments:

  1. Very fun. I'll subscribe and follow along on your little journey. Please be encouraged that you are NOT alone. Our situation is very very very much the same as yours. I have a feeling that this "contentment" journey that God has us both on is just getting started, eh!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to LOVE this! :) because if i don't move soon i may go more INSANE! ;) you can help keep me content. :)

    ReplyDelete